Laney LA is an emerging architecture and design studio, specializing in high end custom single family residential projects. Positioned for further growth, Laney LA is seeking an Interior Designer to join our expanding team.
The candidate’s main responsibility will be to design, manage, and oversee the interior design of specific projects. This position requires a thorough understanding and appreciation for the design and life of a project, as well as an ability and inclination to engage with clients and consultants to ensure a delightful process and result.
This position is not for those interested in working in an isolated environment with a limited set of specialized skills. This position is for those who already have great talent and want to elevate their skills by collaborating with an amazing team and contributing to the growth of the office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the design and management of the interior scope of specific projects, both residential and commercial.
- Conduct programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Develop innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Render conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentations and design drawings while working primarily in ArchiCAD.
- Coordinate color and material palettes.
- Prepare and conduct client presentations.
- Assume responsibility for communicating with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Produce drawings, specifications, material selections and schedules needed for construction documentation.
- Support the Construction Administration phase responding to RFIs, COs, and reviews shop drawings.
- Ensure client delight through an efficient process and high quality deliverables.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable supporting staff.
- Report directly to the Studio Director.
We believe that a cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have outlined several items that define our studio culture.
Laney LA’s core purpose is to DELIGHT THROUGH DESIGN. In all that we do, we seek to spark delight for our clients, our staff, and our collaborators, through both the process and the final result.
Laney LA shares the following five core values.
- Designer’s Passion: We care about good design.- Servant’s Heart: We desire to serve others.- Rookie’s Advantage: We embrace a steep learning curve.- Detective’s Curiosity: We demonstrate active listening.- Warrior’s Spirit: We bravely overcome obstacles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A wide range of experience in high-end, residential architecture at all phases of design and construction.
- Prior experience in successfully leading interior project teams and coordinating with project consultants/clients.
- The ability to visually communicate design through drawings, diagrams, and details with expertise and precision.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Deep working knowledge of ArchiCAD, or a committed interest to learn and master it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and self- motivation
- Highly skilled technically
- High level of design competence
- Experience with putting together a drawing set.
- Good awareness of design, industry trends, materials, innovations and the aptitude to translate these ideas .
- Punctual & organized
- 3 - 7 years of related professional experience.
- A graduate of an accredited Masters or Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design degree program or related combination.
- Competitive salary- Health & dental benefits- Paid vacation & holidays- Sick leave