The four essential responsibilities of this role are the following:
1. Work Plan Management: The Associate is responsible for managing project Work Plans by updating priority lists, assessing project health, assisting with staffing, and supporting critical path scheduling.
2. Design Management: The Associate is responsible for producing and managing exceptional design deliverables on multiple residential, commercial, and interior projects at all stages of the architectural process.
3. Documentation and Quality Control: The Associate is responsible for producing and managing high quality drawings and details in order to prepare mature, complete construction sets, and communication during construction administration.
4. Client & Consultant Coordination: The Associate is responsible for anticipating and addressing the concerns of clients in order to support client satisfaction. The Associate must also effectively coordinate outside vendors, consultants, and contractors in order to support the project’s critical path. This may include the management of RFI submittals and responses.
• 5 - 8 years of experience in high-end, residential, commercial, and interiors projects at all phases of design and construction
• The ability to visually communicate design through drawings, diagrams, and details with expertise and precision
• Working knowledge of ArchiCAD, or a committed interest to learn and master it
• Deep expertise in construction documentation
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in architecture
• Experience in the full project lifecycle
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership and self-motivation
• Strong sense of urgency for meeting weekly deadlines
• Highly skilled technically
• Experience with assembling highly complex drawing sets
• Punctual & organized
• Knowledge of California Building Codes
We believe that a cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have outlined several items that define our studio culture.
Laney LA shares the following five core values.
• Designer’s Passion: We demand creative energy in all ventures
• Servant’s Heart: We embrace the art of service
• Rookie’s Advantage: We pursue a steep learning curve
• Detective’s Curiosity: We demonstrate active listening
• Warrior’s Spirit: We overcome obstacles with bravery
• Competitive salary ($80,000 - $90,000)
• Health & dental benefits
• 401(K) Plan with 4% match
• Paid vacation & holidays
• Sick leave